Classic Coffers Environment Friendly Sustainable Products
At Classic Coffers we know the importance of being environmentally friendly and are committed to producing products in sustainable ways. With smart design and the use of certified lumber and recycled goods, we are able to create a beautiful and eco-friendly product.
Suspended ceiling spaces use less energy than open plenum spaces due to:
- Use of a return air plenum with low static pressures and fan horsepower vs. ducted air returns with higher static pressures and fan horsepower.
- Return air plenums are more efficient at removing heat from lights, reducing the air conditioning load in the space.
- Higher light reflectance with a ceiling vs. open plenum (assumed 70% vs. 50%).
Energy savings are significant for suspended ceilings:
- Total energy savings ranged from 9% to 10.3% for the office design and 12.7% to 17% for the retail design.
- Can contribute to LEED EA credit #1; 10.5% reduction in energy to earn 1 point, 14% reduction for 2 points.
- Considering both first-time and operating costs, suspended ceilings are extremely cost effective.
All the above information provided by CISCA. Learn more by visiting them at cisca.org.
The FSC label provides a credible link between responsible production and consumption of forest products, enabling consumers and businesses to make purchasing decisions that benefit people and the environment as well as providing ongoing business value.
Learn more about FSC by visiting fsc.org
Contributing to LEED® Points
LEED certified projects have become a mainstay in the commercial building world, and our product can contribute to that certification. Our manufacturing process has been tailored to make sure that our product gives you the best chance to achieve these credits. Classic Coffers provides all of our products pre-cut and pre-finished packaged in recyclable materials to reduce job site mess. We manufacture our wood components using reclaimed, recycled, and FSC certified lumber that is harvested locally.
Here are the credits that our product contributes to:
- MR Credit 2.1 – Construction Waste Management/Divert from Landfill
- MR Credit 3.2 – Resource Reuse
- MR Credit 4.2 – Recycled Content Pre-Consumer
- MR Credit 5.1 – Regional Materials
- MR Credit 5.2 – Extracted and Manufactured Regionally
- MR Credit 7.0 – Certified Wood
To learn more about LEED visit the usgbc.org. At Classic Coffers we know the importance of being environmentally friendly and are committed to producing products in sustainable ways. With smart design and the use of certified lumber and recycled goods, we are able to create a beautiful and eco-friendly product.